I’M FREE!!

Well!...... Things have definitely taken an unexpected turn... but Absolutely for the better!

So on Saturday just passed... I was working in the morning. I was sick with this bug that had been going around and I was not happy to have to face a HUGE day (4 hours of teaching, 2 hours of a band rehearsal with kids and then 6 hours preparing and performing a fundraising cabaret for the place I worked for)

My boss who I spoke about in a previous post, had interrupted my singing lesson (an annoyingly common occurrence) to suggest I add other kids to my current students lesson... The girls she was referring to had already had their lesson, I do not like to combine lessons without good reason. And the kids singing the same song was not good enough reason for me as the student I was currently working with needed help and to learn the song he had to sing that night. With other students in the room he would not have gotten the help and attention needed from me. My boss argues as I said no multiple times, then when I finally gave in and agreed to add the girls (in an obviously frustrated annoyed tone) my boss only THEN backs off and gets defensive and says “oh fine, if you don’t want them that’s fine. I just thought...”

Really?? It’s fine?? That is why you COMPLETELY ignored me the first FOUR times saying NO??

This frustrated me, but I am used to this kind of behaviour really. I shouldn’t be... BUT I am.
ANYWAY! A bit of time passes and I’m now working with my next student and the boss come back in and just shoves her phone in my face, says nothing. The message is from a parent of a child I taught briefly last year, asking what the child’s vocal range is... I HAVEN’T TAUGHT THIS CHILD FOR MONTHS... how am I meant to just know this information?!?

So I said that I didn’t know... apparently I said it in a rude way to my boss (ignoring the face that interrupting my lessons is rude, shoving a phone in my face while I am in the middle of a song playing the piano for my student, is rude... but it’s okay for her to be rude to anyone and everyone else... anyone DARES call her out on it and she becomes the victim)

Anyway she leave my studio room huffing and saying “well that doesn’t help me!!” And slams the door behind her. This just makes me see red... I had just had enough of this constant bullshit behaviour and treatment. So I sent a message to both my bosses saying that I was done (with some colourful language thrown in, which really wasn’t needed but I was mad.

Surprise, surprise... I was called up to the office where I just let loose and said “I’m done I’m done I’m done” my boss told me how disappointed she was in me (couldn’t care what she thinks about me at this point because she doesn’t give a shit at all what I think.. or anyone else for that matter)  I unfortunately calmed down towards the end and started to soften and apologise... I wish I hadn’t because I am not... I HAVE to learn to stop  apologising when I either have done nothing wrong (this case) or don’t mean it (also this case)... she sure as shit hasn’t  apologise to me (probably because she thinks she is god and can do no wrong)

Telling me “we took a chance on you years ago when no one else would, they all warned us against it”... what a bloody crock of shit!!! I had just left two projects when I started at the school BECAUSE they were using me and bleeding me dry and I finally woke up and left. Little did I know I was replacing one leech for another.

ANYWAYS!!! So heated argument, I said I’m done and I’m not coming back. I go back down to finish my lesson and I sit at my piano... and I can breath! Like... actually breath! I can not express how light my chest was. I had NO idea just how stressed, anxious and squashed I felt.

I am the happiest I have been in YEARS! I am just so relieved!!! 

Honestly one of the best decisions I have ever made. There are loose ends here and there to tie up till I’m absolutely done with the place for good BUT for now!


FFFFRRRRREEEEEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first one!

Lazy For The Win

Bitten off more than I can chew??